- This was the first real clunker of the season. The Navy game might have been...but it certainly wasn't to this level.
- So as fans we can go with the belief that Saturday was an enigma and I'll base my expectations of what is to come on the season as a whole to this point. Or we say Saturday was the sign of more to come. I'm going with the former, because the latter isn't very appealing.
- Loyola is not very good. But in reality may have been the best team the Mount played other than the money games so far this year. I wouldn't expect the Greyhounds to do to much better than .500 in the MAAC, (they are already 0-2) but I'd make them the favorite about just every other Mount opponent thus far.
- Albany is a team more on the Mount's playing level. The Great Danes have been better than I expected thus far, and got a one-point win over NEC mate Central Connecticut over the weekend.
- Bright spots in the loss. Hard to come by. But I do continue to like the play of Danny Thompson. 8 points 8 rebounds and 4 blocks. But it's scary when 4-of-9 is the best shooting performance on the team.
- Always thought Shane Walker was pretty good and that Loyola never really got enough out of him. But 22 points and 10 rebounds will be tough to forget.
- Not sure if my disgust for the effort was embellished by the fact that it was Loyola. I just always see that as the one game you can't lose. The Mount has been playing (and beating for the most part) Loyola since I started going to games when I was a kid. It's the only team that the rivalry has extended the whole time. And it was a major disappointment to lose on Saturday.
Send an email to email@example.com