I wish I had a better feel for this opener. For this Mount team. In so many ways I'm excited about the future that this program has. I think that from what I've seen from the incoming freshman (although limited views at this point) they can all contribute in the future, I'm very excited by the prospect of the two transfers Rashad Whack and Sam Prescott, and the two signees this week are guys I think can contribute and be factors in this league. So I'm probably the might excited I've been about the long-term future since the first time I saw Jeremy Goode, Kelly Beidler and Will Holland play.
But I'll be honest, I'm worried about this year. To me Pierre Brown was going to be a big factor for this team. Last year's team played without a lot of size on the perimeter and the wings. Brown was going to help that. Now they are back into a situation much like last season on the outside unless someone like Xavier Owens steps up immediately.
Throw into the mix that you've got the toughest opponent the Mount is going to face all season on the floor tonight in the form of Marquette and it could be a rough way to start.
So I'll be watching for a few things tonight....
1) What is the starting lineup? It was tough to determine at the Blue White and I have a feeling there might be some surprises in there.
2) Do any of the freshman step up immediately? With that said will Taylor Danaher play or will he remain a redshirt possibility?
3) Can Jacolby Wells and Raven Barber continue to show the signs of improvement that we saw in the Blue White?
4) How does the backcourt do against pressure?
5) Is there going to be anyone other than Julian Norfleet who is a threat from the outside? Will the sophomore be a more consistent threat?
6) What is the offense going to look like? Are we going to see the same type of sets we saw last year - or will there be more modifications?
Let me know what questions you have going into the season.
Send an email to email@example.com